Content Strategist, Professional Services
● Brought content into the Inkling platform from other platforms (MS Word, Adobe Illustrator, Articulate Rise, etc.). Mapped content patterns, suggested content treatments, and helped customers fully leverage the power of the Inkling Learning Platform.
Feb 2019-November 2019
● Built from scratch, maintained, and added new features to a product documentation site, leading a team of 3 engineers to build the infrastructure and production pipeline.
● Led design thinking to determine a scalable infrastructure to support it (markdown information architecture and hierarchy, Github branching strategy, writing processes, and production processes).
● Worked with team to implement data analytics tools to learn how to improve and iterate.
● Drove engagement up over time and reduced no-results searches 25-50% week over week.
Product Manager (role)
● Drove strategy, design, and implementation of two new Experience Cloud Products. Worked cross-collaboratively with teams to get buy-in and resources for new Experience Cloud Framework Product.
● Implemented tool to generate better user experience with new product tutorials, in-product, and other tactics by partnering with other enablement product teams and engineers to build a product that meets the needs of first time and existing users to help users realize the value of their investment.
April 2016-Feb 2019
● Wrote, edited, and published all documentation for four Adobe Product lines for Adobe Experience Manager Livefyre. Responsible for all documentation, updates, writers, migration, communication, and strategic direction.
● Built partnerships and relationships with other technical writers in various parts of the company to remove silos and align processes.
● Grew and managed workload of direct reports to improve efficiency and improve team.
● Guided the technical writing department and doc set in an acquisition with an inexperienced startup team.
● Recognized product expert for support and sales teams.
HANNAH KIRK CONSULTING
Founder, Principal Technical Writer/Content Strategist
Wrote release notes, new feature documentation, improved existing documentation, migrated content for startups and large companies as sole technical writer.
Founder and Owner
● Built and operated small family child care business from scratch, including obtaining all needed permits, licensing, paperwork, etc.
● Solely responsible for all upstart work and follow-through, including licensing, compliance, training, marketing, buying; building and developing a team, payroll, billing, and all other aspects of operating a business.
CRYPTOGRAPHY RESEARCH, A DIVISION OF RAMBUS
Senior Technical Writer
Initial technical writer for company, built technical writing department and team, created and implemented processes, procedures, style guide, information architecture, and all areas of technical documentation for company with minimal impact to existing ecosystems.
● Planned, wrote, and published all external documentation for company, maintained software and hardware specifications.
● Investigated and implemented a large CCMS (Vasont) and DITA authoring process single-handedly in 1 year.
ERICSSON (REDBACK NETWORKS)
Technical Writer 3
Improved the efficiency of error message coding, generated revenue opportunity by publishing manuals for customers on the fly, strategized information architecture, created and implemented user feedback research method.
Technical Writer 2
Researched, planned, wrote, and published SNMP & Network Admin manuals, SmartEdge router upgrade manuals, and release notes for major and minor software releases.
Technical Communications Supervisor
Supervised team of 7; hired, appraised, and tracked progress of employees. Collaborated across departments to prioritize features for major software releases. Wrote and reviewed documentation.
Planned, wrote, and published XML Docbook modules and manuals in PDF, HTML, print, and CD-ROM format for an enterprise debt-collection software company.
M.S., Communication, Media, Technology, and Society, Purdue University
B.A., Telecommunications, Purdue University
Expertise: Confluence, Jira, Agile, Github, Sourcetree, SVN, JS, CSS, XSL, HTML, XML, DITA. Tools Implementation, Technical Documentation, Content Strategy, UX, Information Architecture, Localization, Markdown, Visual Studio Code, Oxygen, most Authoring and source control tools; MS Office and most online collaboration tools.